Easy cancellation : Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- View the High Dam of Aswa— a miracle of engineering
- Travel down the River Nile on motorboat
- Tour the East and West Banks of Luxor with an expert guide
- Marvel at the Temple of Karnak, the oldest religious structure in the world
- Explore the lavish tombs of the 3 pharaohs in the Valley of the Kings
Continue to the Unfinished Obelisk in the granite quarries of Aswan, where much of the red granite used for ancient temples and colossi came from. The Unfinished Obelisk still lies where it was carved when a crack was discovered as it was being hewn from the rock. Your qualified Egyptologist guide will explain how the 1 tonne obelisk was carved, and why the crack caused it to be abandoned.
The last of the 3 famous Aswan sites you will see is generally regarded as the best. Philae Temple was carefully moved to its current location (around 500 meters from the original site) when the construction of the High Dam caused surrounding Nile waters to rise. A short motorboat ride takes you to the island, where your guide will take you on a walking tour through the temple before allowing you free time to explore further on your own.
Dedicated to the goddess Isis, Philae Temple has a beautiful setting on an island in the river which has been landscaped to match its original site.
After finishing your tour, you'll be dropped off your hotel or Nile cruise in Aswan.
- All transfers and pick ups from/ to your hotel
- Transport by air-conditioned modern vehicle
- Qualified tour guide (in your own language )
- Nile tour by motor boat to visit Phiale temple
- Bottle of water for each participant
- Taxes and service
- 10 fee per person for tours starting from West Bank hotels
- Entrance fees
- Tipping (not compulsory)
Know before you go